The Kenya Plastics Pact is an ambitious, collaborative initiative that brings together stakeholders across the whole plastics value chain to transform the current linear plastics system into a circular economy for plastics. All stakeholders involved sign up to a joint set of ambitious and time-bound targets, ensuring that this collaboration will drive significant change by 2030. Progress will be monitored and publicly reported every year. Collective efforts and targets will speed up the transition.
- Eliminate : All problematic and unnecessary plastic items.
- Innovate : To ensure that the plastics we do need are reusable or recyclable.
- Circulate : All plastic items we use to keep them in the economy and out of environment.
KEPRO's purpose is to accelerate the growth of Kenya's Recycling Ecosystem, leading to a Circular Economy that will protect the natural environment & create jobs for future generations. This will be done through the implementation of a proven EPR model embedded within the environmental laws and legal framework of Kenya.
- Inclusive stakeholder engagement
- Widest stakeholder representation
- True partnership, collaboration & transparency with all public & private stakeholders